Collagen-rich Food: These are common ingredients for healthy skin.
Your skin suddenly starts acting strange just when you think the coolers and ACs are providing relief from the heat. Your skin becomes pale and tanned with pimples and acne appearing everywhere. Have you ever wondered why? This is due to the heat and sweat that we experience during summer. That’s right. Our skin also becomes more dry, which can accelerate the ageing process. Health experts recommend drinking gallons of fluids to maintain a healthy water balance. Did you know that drinking water alone is not enough for healthy, nourished skin? You also need collagen, a protein that is found in many parts of the body. Collagen is found in bones, blood, cartilages, cartilages and joints. It gives strength and elasticity to skin and makes it look healthy. Collagen makes up about a third the body’s total protein. As we age, however, collagen production slows down.
Rupali Datta, consultant nutritionist, suggests that we eat foods rich in collagen to keep our skin young. A decrease in collagen can lead to stiff joints and brittle bones. She explained that collagen can be found in many everyday foods. She explained that collagen is primarily found in animal proteins, but plant foods contain important nutrients that aid in collagen production. Let’s look at 5 Collagen-rich Food Options for You.
1. Chicken:Chicken is high in amino acids which are important in collagen production. Many studies have shown that cartilage and the neck of chickens are great sources of collagen, which may be helpful in treating arthritis.
2. Fish:Fish are a great source of essential minerals and amino acids like zinc and copper, which help to produce collagen in the body. Fish also contains healthy fats, which promote healthy and glowing skin.
3. Citrus Fruits: Lemons and other citrus fruits are rich in antioxidants and vitamin A, which help to nourish the skin. Citric fruits also help to reduce skin inflammation.
4. Leafy Vegetables – Leafy vegetables such as spinach and lettuce are considered superfoods because they contain every essential nutrient that our bodies require for growth and nourishment. According to some studies, it also contains chlorophyll which is a key ingredient in collagen production.
5. Bell pepper:Bell pepper is rich in vitamin C, vitamins A, B, and essential minerals that can help improve skin health. It also contains capsaicin, an anti-inflammatory compound that may combat skin ageing.
You now know which food ingredients promote collagen production. Make sure to incorporate them into your daily diet immediately. Remember that moderation is key.