1. Jeff Bezos – $192.3 billion Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has a net worth of $192.3 billion and ranks as the second richest person on the earth today. His position remains the same even after divorcing his wife MacKenzie in 2019 and transferring a quarter of his stake in Amazon to her. Bezos founded the behemoth Amazon in 1994 out of his garage in Seattle. The e-commerce giant has reaped the benefits of this coronavirus pandemic, with more number of people shopping online.
2. Elon Musk – $182.9 billion Elon Musk is working to revolutionize transportation both on Earth, through electric car maker Tesla – and in space, via rocket producer SpaceX. Elon Musk’s rocket company is now valued at nearly $100 billion, currently, his net worth is $182.9 billion. Musk’s rocket company, SpaceX is now valued at nearly $100 billion. Tesla has become the world’s most valuable automaker with a market capitalisation of $342 billion.
3. Bernard Arnault & Family – $148.4 billion LVMH – France Chairman and CEO Bernard Arnault rank third in the world in terms of riches. His net worth is $148.4 billion ensuing from his business across an empire of more than 70 brands including Louis Vuitton and Sephora. French businessman and Europe’s richest man Bernard Arnault earned the $100 billion fortune last year in December.
4. Bill Gates – $121.6 billion The co-founder of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has a net worth of $122.0 billion. Having founded the software giant Microsoft along with Paul Allen, Bill Gates eventually sold away much of his stakes in the company retaining just 1% of the shares and investing the rest in stocks and other assets. Bill Gates entered the $100 billion club last year in April when Microsoft share price surged post-earnings.
5. Mark Zuckerberg – chairman of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg champions the social network that has become a go-to communications avenue today. His net worth is $99.8 billion and today he owns about 15% stakes in Facebook after the firm went public in May 2012. Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire. His net worth zoomed past the $100 billion mark — all thanks to Instagram Reels — the alternative to TikTok which was banned in India earlier this year and is facin troubles